The postdoc council represents the postdoctoral researchers working in the areas of astrophysics, mathematical physics, and particle physics in Hamburg. This includes postdocs from the Cluster of Excellence "Quantum Universe" (QU) as well as every other postdoc in the research areas of the "Center in Hamburg for Astro-, Mathematical- and Particle Physics" (CHAMPP).
What do we do?
Some current and future fields of activity of the council are
- connection of postdocs across the various groups and locations,
- exchange with the PhD students council and the young investigator network,
- sharing news, information and events relevant for the postdocs,
- organisation thematic events, e.g. career skills seminars,
- funding of activities via the Cluster,
- a voice and a vote in the Quantum Universe steering committee as one pillar of the early career council.
Who are we?
The council usually consists of 6 people, based at the following geographical locations:
- Bergedorf (Hamburg Observatory)
- Geomatikum (Department of Mathematics)
- Campus Bahrenfeld (DESY, Institute of Experimental Physics, Institute of Laser Physics, II. Institute for Theoretical Physics)
The current council members can be found here.
To be informed about upcoming elections, make sure you are subscribed to the postdocs.champp mailing list.
Please contact us at the via mail if you have any questions or suggestions for us: qu-postdoccouncil"AT"desy.de.