Application for PhD positions in the Cluster of Excellence Quantum Universe
Before filling in this online application, please carefully read the following:
- A list of possible PhD topics can be found here. For positions located at Universität Hamburg (see column at possible PhD topics “location of position”), please use the online application on this website. For positions located at DESY, please apply here. Please indicate which topic(s) interests you by entering the corresponding code(s) in the online application. If you want to apply for topics located at Universität Hamburg and topics located at DESY, you need to submit two applications (one to each institution). You can also propose a topic yourself (by attaching a research statement, see section on application documents below).
- At Universität Hamburg 16 PhD positions are available and at DESY 3 PhD positions are available.
- A list of possible supervisors can be found here (choose from Principal Investigators or Key Researchers). If you choose a preferred supervisor from Universität Hamburg, please use the online application on this website. If you choose a preferred supervisor from DESY please apply here. If you choose supervisors from Universität Hamburg and DESY, you need to submit two applications (one to each institution).
- In the course of the application you will have the possibility to upload your application documents as a single PDF file (max. 50 MB). Your application documents must include: cover letter, a tabular curriculum vitae, copies of degree certificate(s) and transcript(s) of records and, optionally, a research statement for a possible project in Hamburg (maximum one page).
- Please note that you need to ask your referees for their permission before giving their names and email addresses in this online form.
- It is your responsibilty that your referees upload their letters by the deadline. Your application is only complete with all references. Please point your referees to this web page where they can upload the reference letter.
- You will receive a confirmation via email if your application and upload was successful. In case of technical problems or other questions, please contact us via jobs.qu"AT"uni-hamburg.de.
- In case you must correct an application, please create a new entry in the database and send an email to jobs.qu"AT"uni-hamburg.de with "Update application: your name" in the subject line. Please don't use the back button of your browser to update the application form as this will lead to an error during resubmission.