A central concern of the cluster's diversity work is ensuring equal opportunities for men and women at all levels of the scientific career ladder. For this reason, the Cluster and our partners offer a series of workshops and other event formats that have been specially developed for our female* scientists. Explore our numerous offers below:
- dynaMENT – Mentoring for Woman in Natural Science: A mentoring program for women on all career levels.
- Women's Career Day: The Women's Career Day provides female PhD students and Postdocs with knowledge in the areas of career management in various workshops. At the same time, the two-day event gives participants the opportunity to discuss gender equality issues that can emerge in a career as a scientist. The Womens' Career Day takes place twice a year.
- Academic Leadership for Women: A workshop series to promote leadership skills and support career management. The courses are aimed at advanced female postdocs who already hold management positions in the scientific community or who are planning to do so in the near future (junior professors, heads of junior research groups and postdocs with several years of professional experience). The "Academic Leadership Program for Women" consists of a series of 3–4 two-day workshops covering various aspects of an overarching theme.
In addition, we are already investing in the female scientists of tomorrow with the following programmes:
- Offers for the yearly nationwide Girls' Day
- Physics Project Days at the Physics Department of Universität Hamburg
If you are wondering why we are still working towards equal opportunities in the modern workplace - we invite you to have a look at the video below. The video explains the historical developments of gender relations in the context of work, but also asks the question of how we want to live and work together in the future. The video is provided by the project "Flipped Gender" (UHH/Peukert/Kleyboldt/Hällmayer/Krefeld).