Academic Leadership for Women: Module III
When: Fri, 12.11.2021 9:00 AM until Sat, 13.11.2021 1:00 PM
Module III - The public: Basic Media Training for Scientists
In this workshop you will learn how to communicate your scientific findings in a confident, concise and comprehensive way. Theoretical input will be accompanied by hands-on practical training. You will all get the chance to practice and get feedback from the trainers and your peers. On the second day of the workshop each of you will get a personal time slot with one of the trainers for a short one-on-one coaching session.
Among others, the workshop will contain:
• "Etiquette" for interaction between science and media
• Beeing on camera and what you should know about it
• Giving interviews and statements
• Speech and vocal training
• Individual coaching and practice session (approx. 30 min, time slots will be determined on the first day of the workshop)
Note: Course language for theoretical input and discussions within the group will be English. Still, it will be possible to do practical parts like interview training etc. in German. The trainers are able to switch between languages to make sure you get the training that is most valuable for your personal career.